Tuesday 9 July 2013

Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding

BUTTERSCOTCH SELF-SAUCING PUDDING


Yes, I have been incredibly slack on my fairly new baking blog! My excuse is not even that good, or original. I've been busy, plus it was my birthday. I get a pardon for that, right? So in the next few days I will upload a number of recipes, including my stunning rainbow sprinkles layer birthday cake (!) and the red velvet cheesecake. But first, a nice and easy one that is a simple dessert for these cold winter nights. Melbourne has been freezing, and I have to admit - I like that! I've made a chocolate self-saucing pudding before, but never a butterscotch one. This was pretty tasty, and with the classic pairing of vanilla icecream, it was pretty sublime. The surprise of a self-saucing pudding is also pretty good, and impressive for guests. Writing about that, just made me hungry!! May make it again tonight.


INGREDIENTS:

Pudding:
3/4 cup of self-raising flour (sifted)
2/3 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of milk
60 grams of butter (melted)

Syrup:
1 &1/2 cups of water
1 tablespoon of golden syrup
1 tablespoon of unsalted butter


1 - Pre-heat oven to 180°c. Grease ovenproof dish or individual ramekins as I did.

2 - Combine pudding ingredients together in a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon.

3 - Spoon the batter into the dish/dishes.

4 - Place the syrup ingredients into a small saucepan and heat until melts and ingredients combine. Be careful not to heat it too much as you don't want it to boil.

5 - Pour syrup slowly into the dish/dishes. To ensure you don't separate pudding it is best to pour the syrup over the back of a soon as shown in the picture above.

6 - Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top has browned.

7 - Let them cool for a few minutes before serving.

Thanks guys and catch you again tomorrow!!




No comments:

Post a Comment