Friday 21 June 2013

GINGERNUT BISCUITS



Biscuits are really the first thing I got into baking. Besides tasting pretty damn good, they are also quite easy to make. Plus they usually don't have a huge range of ingredients. I've really enjoyed learning to make some of my favourite all time biscuits, making everything from Melting Moments/YoYos, Monte Carlos and Kingstons. Next on my list was the classic gingernut. I only slightly liked these as a kid, I guess as we get older our taste buds develop because I've grown to really love the taste of ginger. Now these were fun to make, easy and tasted divine. My friend Josh (pictured below) was coming over to help me prepare for an audition, so these were a thank you. He had quite a few, so I guess he appreciated it! I dunked these into my favourite tea of the moment, T2's Melbourne Breakfast, and they were divine. I'll be busy baking over the next few weeks with my birthday coming up and my Mum in town, I'll try and blog recipes when I can.


INGREDIENTS:

1 cup of plain flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 tablespoon ground ginger
60 grams butter (I used salted for this recipe)
4 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 tablespoon golden syrup

INSTRUCTIONS:

1 - Pre heat oven to 180 degrees and line 2 baking trays with baking paper

2 - Sift flour, baking powder and ground ginger and combine in a bowl.

3 - In a saucepan, place butter, sugar and syrup. Put on a low heat and stir softly until butter is melted and all ingredients are mixed. Don't let it boil.

4 - Add wet ingredients into the bowl and mix until it becomes a soft dough. It will be quite sticky.

5 - Roll into teaspoon sized balls and place on the trays, pressing down gently with a fork. Make sure you allow room for the biscuits to spread.

6 - Bake for approximately 15 minutes or you can touch them and see they are getting solid.

Although 1 tablespoon of ginger seems a lot, it was perfect. If not as big on ginger, you can reduce.

Enjoy and remember to send in any pics of stuff you make.

Wayne
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment