Monday 17 June 2013

Easy Lemon Tart


So I've been feeling pretty confident about my baking, almost untouchable. I could bake anything. Then I came crashing down to earth. I've become a massive fan of all the Bake Off shows and can't wait for the Australian version to begin. My favourite is the original, The Great British Bake Off. They had an amazing challenge with a lemon tart by Mary Berry, one of the judges. I watched her make it in the masterclass and was sure I could do it. Made the pastry, blind baked it, made the filling, baked it. The end result, fail. Burnt the pastry at the top, still raw down the bottom (a soggy bottom is a no-no on Bake Off) and the filling looked like I had scrambled the eggs. The taste was still nice but it looked awful. I was due to go to my partner's sister's place with dessert and now only had a few hours to spare. I went on line looking for an easy replacement, and hopefully a cheap one! The result was this easy recipe using condensed milk, which is often on sale and is so easy to use. So here's the recipe, you can make it fast and it is so super tasty. So tart, loving lemon lately!


EASY LEMON TART (Thanks to All Recipes)

Ingredients:
200g sweet biscuits (Nice are best, I used Milk Coffee but added a little caster sugar)
70g unsalted butter, melted
1 (395g) tin sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs
3 lemons, zested and juiced

Directions:

1 - Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.

2 - Crush the biscuits in a food processor and then add the melted butter and mix. Line the bottom of a pie dish by pressing the mixture onto the dish with the palm of your hand. Then place the pie dish in freezer while you prepare the filling.

3 - Pour the condensed milk into a bowl and then add the eggs and mix well. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest, folding in until mixed well.

4 - Place the tart in the oven and then pour the lemon mixture into the tart shell. This will ensure you don't drop any on your walk to the oven.

5 - Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until you see it wobble in the middle.

6 - Cool to room temperature and then place in fridge to cool completely.

7 - Serve with icing sugar sprinkled on top. Best served with vanilla ice cream.


Now finally, a friend made my first recipe, the Oreo Cheesecake for her boyfriend's birthday. Thanks Bella. Here's a photo of the result:

So please send in any pics if you make any of these fun and tasty desserts!
wayne@tunks.com.au
Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment