Thursday 21 November 2013

Lemon Delicious


LEMON DELICIOUS

This is not a muffin post, finally! Though I still plan on making more and more muffins. But it felt like time for an easy dessert. This one came about because I had made dinner for my lovely boyfriend and wanted to make dessert as well. I still had some lemons laying around, so this seemed the perfect thing to make. Plus I wanted to do it while I was TV, it needed to be easy. Super quick, and super tasty. I even had two left over which I covered in glad wrap, refrigerated and microwaved the next day; and they still tasted super awesome.

I served this with some whipped cream, but would work just as well with ice cream, vanilla would be best. You can make with a big tray, or do what I did and use little brulee pots. And just remember after they are baked they are meant to be all gooey, runny and delicious under the cake part. Enjoy this one and share it with your family. 
 INGREDIENTS:

150 grams Unsalted Butter, melted
2 teaspoons Lemon Rind, finely grated
1/3 cup Lemon Juice
1 1/2 cups Caster Sugar
3/4 cup Self Raising Flour, sifted
1 1/2 cups Milk
4 Eggs, separated
Icing Sugar, to serve
 DIRECTIONS:

1 - Preheat oven to 180°c and grease 4 small brulee dishes/

2 - Place butter, lemon rind and juice, sugar, flour, milk and egg yolks in a bowl. Whisk to combine.

3 - Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form.

4 - Using a metal spoon, fold one quarter of the egg whites into the lemon mixture. Gently fold in a remaining egg whites.

5 - Spoon mixture into the prepared dishes. Place dishes in a large baking dish. Pour boiling water until it reaches halfway up the side of the dishes.

6 - Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and set.

7 - Dust with icing sugar and serve.

Enjoy.

Wayne
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment