Monday 12 August 2013

Apple Cinnamon Muffins


APPLE CINNAMON MUFFINS

I had such big plans to present a lavish looking dessert for you this week. Was all ready and pumped to present to you an apple tarte tatin. I bought a new small frypan and got loads of apples and then made it. While it turned out and tasted quite nice, it was ugly. I was playing with the type of sugar to use and when caster sugar crystalised I thought I'd try brown. Sure it worked, it just made it dark and ugly. So I'll attempt it again soon.

So then I had to think of what else I could make. I had a whole heap of peeled apples left, and then I remembered a friend had recently posted she'd made apple cinnamon muffins. Then I knew I had to make them. Love apples, and cinnamon has become a favourite flavour of mine. These were simple to make and tasted so very moist. The raisins helped and certainly didn't dominate the muffin, just adding to the moistness.

Parents, these are a good lunch box stuffer, there's nothing too bad in them and they are super tasty. If you're not a massive cinnamon fan you can take a teaspoon out, but I say keep it bold. Some recipes call for red apples, but quite frankly I find them bland. The tartness of the green apple is divine and mixes perfectly with the sweet. Enjoy these, I have a very sinful recipe for later in the week.



INGREDIENTS:

2 cups Plain Flour
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
3 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
3/4 cup Brown Sugar (firmly packed)
2 medium Green Apples (peeled, corred and diced)
125g Seedless Raisins
125g Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
2 Eggs
3/4 cup, Milk
Toasted Muesli, for top of the muffins


DIRECTIONS:

1 - Preheat oven to 180°c and grease a 12 muffin pan with canola spray.

2 - Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Stir in the brown sugar, apples and raisins until well combined.

3 - Whisk together the butter, eggs and milks until well combined.

4 - Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir with a large metal spoon. Mix just until all ingredients are combined. Be careful not to overmix.

5 - Spoon mixture into muffin pan and top with toasted muesli, adds some nice crunch to the muffin.

6 - Bake the muffins for around 20 minutes or until muffins are fully cooked and spring back up when touched.

7 - Let them cool in the pan for a few minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack.

8 - Enjoy.

Catch you during the week.

Wayne
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment