Sunday 15 September 2013

Oatmeal Raspberry Muffins


OATMEAL RASPBERRY MUFFINS

I do love a good muffin, especially now I bake my own. Before I would only have them at cafes or make horrible packet ones. Since I've discovered they really are the easiest thing to bake, I prefer to eat the ones I make at home. I also love experimenting with loads of great flavours. This is one I've been making since the beginning of the year and is pretty special. I may have been at a friend's place and was looking through a cookbook and saw this recipe and took a snap with my phone. So I apologise for not knowing the original source!

The reason I made these muffins was for auditions for my new play, a double header playing at Revolt in Kensington, Victoria, in late November. My good friend Cas was helping out for the day, so I thought I'd do her some muffins. The photo below shows a muffin in the audition room.

Now these are moist and tasty - raspberries are such a wonderful ingredient. And with the addition of rolled oats, it makes me feel like they're healthy! Almost. So have a go, they are certainly ones to be tried!


INGREDIENTS:
1 cup Rolled Oats
1 1/2 cups Milk
2 cups Plain Flour, sifted
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup Honey
60 grams Unsalted Butter, melted
1 1/4 cups Raspberries (frozen are cheaper)


DIRECTIONS:

1 - Preheat oven to 190°c and grease 12 cup muffin tin.

2 - Put the oats in a bowl, stir in the milk and set aside for 5 minutes.

3 - Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir in the sugar. Make a well in the centre.

4 - Put the egg, honey and butter into a bowl and mix well.

5 - Pour the egg mixture and oatmeal mixture into the flour well and stir quickly until just combined. Don't overmix, the batter should be slightly lumpy.

6 - Gently fold in the raspberries.

7 - Spoon the batter into the muffin tin and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.

8 - Cool on a wire tray.

9 - Enjoy!

Wayne
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment