Sunday 1 September 2013

Monte Carlos

 MONTE CARLOS

For this installment I have pulled out a classic. A classic biscuit, and one I have been making for a while and still get requests from friends for. In fact, these pictures are mostly from all different batches. I haven't made these for a month or so, but thought I'd share the recipe as many people have wanted it.

Monte Carlos were always a favourite for me in the Arnott's Classic Creams, I'd always try and claim those when the Tunks family opened a packet. I never realised it included coconut, of course when I found out it seemed obvious. Now I promise if you make these, your friends will be happy. Whenever I do, they go quick. Super quick. I even made some to go with Christmas presents last year. This is one of my favourite recipes - and I hope it's one of yours.

If you make them, please let me know how you go!


INGREDIENTS:

185g Unsalted Butter, softened
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 1/4 cups Self-Raising Flour
3/4 cup Plain Flour
1/2 cup Coconut

Raspberry Jam, for filling

Filling:
60g Unsalted Butter, softened
3/4 cup Icing Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 teaspoons Milk

DIRECTIONS:

1 - Preheat oven to 180°c and line 2 baking trays.

2 - Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat well.

3 - Add sifter dry ingredients and coconut and mix well with a large spoon.

4 - Roll teaspoons of mixture into balls and then shape into ovals and place on lined baking trays. Rough up the surface with a fork.

5 - Bake in a moderate oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.

6 - Cool on a wire rack.

7 - For the filling, cream the butter and sifted icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and beat well. Add the milk gradually, beating well.

8 - Put a teaspoon of jam in the centre of half the biscuits and a teaspoon of filling on the other half of the biscuits.

9 - Press both halves together and enjoy.

Wayne
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment